As we prepare to end another year and celebrate around the holidays, don’t forget to Step Back + Refuel + Share Love. You, and your teammates, will be glad you did.
1:47 – Jason introduces Season 5 episode 20 of the podcast, Step Back + Refuel + Share Love. Welcome back to the podcast on corporate culture and leadership and thank you for listening. We engage thought leaders like CEOs, CFOs, managers, VPs, directors, and more for this podcast. We wish to create content that engages your mind and heart and allows you to step back and think and add some positivity to your life. We deep dive into today’s topic.
2:20 – We can’t control everything but what we can control is our response. Still a lot of work to do but wanted to remind the audience what is within our control is the temperature we create in the organizations and teams we work with. If you have a suggestion, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
3:00 – Please leave a review for the podcast It really helps the podcast to spread these messages out into the world. Please share this podcast with your organization, on your team, or in your life to help spread these messages. Thank you!
4:22 – Recently we have been talking about the big shift and the big changes that are happening now through the Great Resignation and what that means in past episodes. What does the future of work look like? Jason talks about some past episodes where he dives into these topics.
5:45 – Jason wants to share something with you, he hopes that you all realize that “you’ve earned it!” You’ve earned the opportunity to step back and to take a moment to reflect and recalibrate. We have been through a lot and this time especially is one to step back and to appreciate the journey, experiences, opportunities, and recognize failures as well.
“You’ve earned it!” You’ve earned the opportunity to step back & to take a moment to reflect and refuel.
9:02 – Jason shares some important reminders for all of us and what is on Jason’s wish list for you:
- Step Back – As much as you can or are able. Everyone has a unique situation try to allow yourself some time to rest, to recover, reflect, as much as you can, even moments help to not overschedule yourself.
- Refuel – How do you authentically refuel? Is it rest, laughter, connecting with people, music, hobbies, sports, the arts? Whatever it is fuel your mind and your heart with things that bring you authentic joy. Listen to the Secret for Elite Performance to get some of the key scientific tips for elite performance that include the surprising fact about sleep that you might be missing.
- Acknowledge baggage – acknowledge it for ourselves but also for the people on our teams. Everyone has baggage, there are typically 3 bags that we carry: 1. events that happen to us beyond our control. 2. Consequences, an event or some happens that doesn’t go the way we hoped and didn’t handle it correctly which causes stress. 3. Our thoughts, the stories we tell ourselves, and the internal dialogue that can stress us. Holidays can be tough for people and this is a reminder that you might be carrying this baggage but also that others are also carrying baggage as well and to be aware and respectful of that. Give the gift of grace and be caring towards them.
- Share love – Express love to those around you and all that you are grateful for. Shower those in your life with reminders about how thankful you are that they are part of your experience. Say thank you to them and tell people that you appreciate them.
- Belief in the future you create – Share optimism and excitement for what lies ahead. There are challenges no doubt ahead but share belief that the future is going to be brighter that we get to experience and to create together.
18:00 – Are you looking for a program or are you looking for a partner? Jason tells a story about creating a culture that your people want in organizations. Creating compelling cultures is more than just a quick fix or a program, it takes a partner, contact Jason Barger for more info.
Questions to Ponder
In what ways will you step back and give yourself some needed space this holiday season?
How can you refuel with things that bring you joy?
Who do you need to share the love with over the next couple weeks as we end the year and kick off a new one together?
Please leave a review for the podcast It really helps the podcast to spread these messages out into the world. Please share this podcast with your organization, on your team, or in your life to help spread these messages. Thank you!
Remember, the best leaders, teams, & cultures stimulate progress by recalibrating their thermostat together.
ABOUT THE THERMOSTAT
Conversations and micro-thoughts to engage your mind and heart.
A thermostat is proactive. It sets the temperature in a room. Controls the temperature. Regulates the temperature. But in today’s distracted, fast-paced and digital world, it’s easy for individuals and organizations to act more like thermometers, slipping into reactionary thinking, becoming scattered and inconsistent. The most compelling leaders, teams, organizations, families, or collection of humans of any kind operate in thermostat mode. They calibrate their mind and heart to set the temperature for the vision and culture they want to create. Jason Barger, globally celebrated author, keynote speaker, and founder of Step Back Leadership Consulting, is the host of The Thermostat, a podcast journey to discover authentic leadership, create compelling cultures and find clarity of mission, vision, and values.